Here is an easy check list that you can print off and use the night before your big day! Pack it and Check it!
- Race Packet and information: Some races have participants register for the event the day before the event. Remember to bring that packet they give you with your numbers and race chip.
- Money for fees and a photo ID: If you register on the morning before the race, you will need these things to pick up your race packet. Where most races are paid for online, all fees are usually included.
- Directions to the race site and hotel (if applicable) or GPS
- Swim Suit or Tri suit
- Wetsuit-Always bring your wetsuit; Remember to check with race organizers to make sure you are allowed to wear it.
- Bike (be sure the tires have air)
- Pump and Bike Repair Kit (most race sites have a volunteer booth with someone to do small repairs, but you should be prepared)
- Bike Gloves – Avoid blisters on your hands
- Padded Shorts
- Shirt or Tank top
- Helmet – You cannot compete without it.
- Bike shoes or regular sneakers
- Socks – Avoid blisters on your feet.
- Some sort of brightly colored item to tie onto the bike (ie: balloon, scarf, poster)
- Running Shoes
Other Important Stuff:
- Towel – For transition area
- Bucket: To rinse your feet during your swim to bike transition
- Garbage bag: To put your wet stuff in (You can also use a construction garbage bag as a warmup before the swim start, if it’s rainy,chilly or windy)
- Music: Pump-me-up music for the car-ride. Remember, electronic devices, such as iPods and music players are prohibited during racing.